COVID 19 Updates for Oasis Assisted Living & Reflections Memory Care
March 31 Update:
Following is a letter from Mary Farris, Assisted Living Manager to the family and friends of our residents:
Greetings friends and families,
To ensure that everyone is on the same page with all of the sudden changes I wanted to send out an overview of our current precautions in place.
At this time our entire campus (Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care) is closed to everyone except:
Essential services or end of life visitors only until further notice.
Below is information that outlines what this means too our residents and their families:
Oasis Assisted Living Residents:
- Residents returning to our community (this should be only for urgent/essential medical appointments) will be stopped and a health screen will be performed in addition to the screening that is performed each morning for every resident. If weather is not ideal please have them stay in the vehicle for the screening. You can let the attendant know - If they are not at their table please call the lead cellphone at 480-318-5576.
- Packages & items can be dropped off at the front door with the attendant – If they are not at their table please call the lead cellphone at 480-318-5576.
All essential services visitors (i.e. hospice personnel, home health, physical therapy, medical equipment companies, emergency services)
- Will be cleared by a health screening before they are able to enter the facility (This does NOT apply to emergency services as they could be responding to a life-threatening event and have their own screening in place at their assigned stations).
- Essential services visitors must clear the CDC guidelines including a temperature of 100.4 or less degrees and no symptoms of respiratory infections.
- Delivery will be accepted from drivers or family/friends at the front door by a staff member.
- Our team will get the delivery items to the resident’s apartment.
Please note that if you are unable to comply with the above restrictions the option to take your loved one home with you is available but, they must remain in your care for the duration of the mandated lockdown.
Activity Update: A couple items have been implemented to battle the loneliness that some may be feeling at this time.
- Hallway concerts that residents can enjoy from their doorways.
- SeniorFit one-on-one visits with willing participates. Contact Information: Matthew Clark - Matthew.Clark@christiancare.org
How to stay up to date:
I will utilize email and emergency text notification system for updates. To receive text alerts, please text hmoasis to 602-603-4431. No cost to enroll & normal text messaging rates apply.
You can reach me at Mary.Farris@ChristianCare.org or by calling 480-290-7027.
Thank you all for your patience during this complicated time.
Please let me know if there are any questions, concerns or comments. If you would like to Skype or Facetime a loved one, I will do my level best for you.
Please email me or call my cellphone at 480-840-5440 to schedule.
Mary Farris ALM CDP
March 20 Update:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have identified older adults as high risk for complications from the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The federal government is urging older people to “stay home and away from other people” for 15 days to stop the spread. At Fellowship Square Historic Mesa it has been through much prayer and concern for our residents' health that we have made some difficult decisions that we know impact their daily lives. With that in mind the following changes are being made:
Our Oasis Assisted Living and Reflections Memory Care communities remain on lock down.
We will be setting up a temporary smoking section in one area of the center courtyard.
Transportation: Only individual transportation for medically necessary appointments will be provided.
Activities: Group activities are temporarily halted so we are limited to 1 on 1 activities. Matt with SeniorFit will be going door to door to see who he can help enjoy some exercise.
Please remember that no one comes in or goes out of the building unless it is medically essential.
March 19 Update:
Dining: As directed by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Assisted Living will be going to meal delivery only as of today. There will be one standard Breakfast and when delivered, the staff will take their lunch & dinner orders. The menu will remain the same for now.
This information is in the process of being communicated to residents.
Meal Delivery Schedule:
First Floor: 7:30am to 8:15am
Second Floor: 8:15am to 9am
First floor: 11:30am to 12:15pm
Second Floor: 12:15pm to 1pm
First Floor: 4pm – 5:15pm
Admittance: The Oasis remains in lock down – no visitors. Only required medical personnel. ANYONE, in addition to staff already being done, who wants to go beyond the lobby entrance will have to have their temperature taken and complete the health questionnaire.
Activities – continuing with groups of 10 or less only.
Our staff are going above and beyond to help residents become as comfortable as possible with these sudden changes. We appreciate them so much!
March 17 Update:
To be clear, we do NOT have any residents or staff, in our assisted living, or on our campus, that have the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or Coronavirus. However, we want to take every precaution, in advance of any potential local escalation of the virus, to limit the potential exposure and illness that could potentially spread to our campus and affect our residents.
As precautions, we have done the following:
- We are not allowing any outside visitation, until further notice unless approved by Assisted Living Manager for medical reasons.
Why? The safety of our residents is our top priority. We want to limit as much potential exposure as possible. We will make every effort to keep you updated on your loved one’s condition and daily activities. To drop off packages or pick up laundry, push the white button on the left of the front entrance to call the Lead Caregiver or call 480-318-5576 to exchange outside the front door.
- We are screening all staff daily.
Why? As a healthcare facility, we are responsible for the health and welfare of all residents and staff. We are taking temperatures and asking information from all staff about their potential exposure.
- Our Assisted Living Manager will utilize email and emergency text notification system for updates. To receive text alerts, please text hmoasis to 602-603-4431. No cost to enroll & normal text messaging rates apply. Mary can be reached at Mary.Farris@ChristianCare.org or by calling 480-290-7027.
Why? As we communicate further about our status and update you on any changes, this will ensure timely notification.
March 12 Update:
In response to Governor Ducey’s declaration of a public health emergency and executive order of March 11th pertaining to COVID-19 (aka novel corona virus), Fellowship Square Historic Mesa has taken numerous steps to proactively help protect our senior living residents from the virus.
Visitors: Visitor arrival times are limited from 9 am to 5:30 pm, 7 days a week.
Individuals should not attempt to visit if they have respiratory infection symptoms including: Fever, Coughing, Shortness of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Chills, Body Aches, Sore Throat, Headache, Diarrhea, Nausea/Vomiting and Runny Nose.
Visitors will be asked and required to respond to health questions upon arrival and will be denied access if they exhibit any symptoms or respond positively to any of the questions.
If family are not able to visit, we will do our best to accommodate visits via telephone and electronically.
Activities & Events: All activities involving outside vendors, volunteers or visitors are cancelled until further notice. We will do our best to step up staff coordinated activities during this time.
Staff: All staff will be subject to the health checks before and during their shift. If they have symptoms of respiratory infection, they will be sent home and will be required to show a negative test result before they are allowed to return to work.
Our Emergency Coordinator is our Assisted Living Manager, Mary Farris.
Mary will provide updates via our N.O.R.B.E.R.T. text alert system. You can access the Oasis text alert system by texting “hmoasis” to 602-603-4431. There is no cost to enroll. Normal text messaging rates apply. Text “stop” to unsubscribe.