Oasis Volunteer Positions
The Activity Assistants will assist the Life Enrichment Coordinator (LEC) with and/or direct activity programs in the absence of the LEC. S/he must be friendly, courteous, patient, outgoing, helpful and attentive, have the ability to speak clearly to hard-of-hearing residents, and hear adequately him/herself.
- Be able to volunteer for one or more two hour shifts per week, Mon.- Sat.10-12, 12-2
- Be able and available to assist the LEC with setting up chairs, tables, etc. for meetings; i.e. Bingo, Po-Ke-No, special events, occasional crafts, entertainment programs, etc.
Lobby Desk Receptionist
A Lobby Desk Receptionist provides that welcoming first impression for visitors, potential residents, and guests in the Villa 4 lobby. A professional appearance and pleasing attitude are required. Must have an outgoing and personable personality-i.e. a "people person', knowledge of professional telephone etiquette, and be willing to become knowledgeable about the lay-out and operations of Oasis, Villa 4, and Fellowship Square.
- Opening the gate as visitors/residents approach,
- Managing the sign in/out book,
- Answering the front desk phone,
- Giving directions,
- Making occasional campus phone calls for residents and staff,
- Performing occasional minor office tasks as assigned.
- Being attentive to the gate at all times,
A Performer provides free entertainment and/or other presentations for assisted living residents. S/he must have the ability to project voice(s) greater than 30 feet for hard-of-hearing residents, the ability to engage with and interact with the assisted living residents, and the ability to provide one or more of the following:
- Play an instrument or sing: Must have own music and instrument (piano is available).
- Provide educational subject matter: Must be knowledgeable in subject being presented, must bring own materials
- All performers
A Resident Visitor will visit with select residents in their apartment for conversation, reading, writing and companionship. S/he must have the ability to engage with and interact with the assisted living residents, the ability to speak clearly for hard-of-hearing residents, hear adequately. Additionally s/he shall not engage in gossip, political or religious topics and shall not Provide physical assistance to any resident. (Call a caregiver for such assistance as needed.)
My wife Mary and I just love Fellowship Square. We have lived three wonderful years in this former luxury resort, now a luxury senior living community. The accommodations are spacious, comfortable, and kept up to date by a caring and friendly staff. The beautiful dining room and its excellent meals and the many activities are also reasons why we love living here. We both especially love that we have made many friends from all walks of life and all kinds of religious beliefs.